All the NHRA stock and SS SB (318,340 and 360) racer I know, record holders in multiple classes, ran faster in the 1/4 mile without the stock windage trays shruggy work
They don't leave the front and rear of the sump stock either tsk If yours is that way now you need to add (fabricate and weld in) baffles in front and the rear around the pickup to help keep the oil in the sump wrench
I am surprised how many racers and engine builders won't take the action needed to fix some of the simple problems like this runaway
One of the racers I use to help had a very high dollar all out class race motor build by one of the "better" mid west engine builder that had a stock unmodified oil pan on the motor and raced it for several years before begging me to help them again, I was helping another racer in the same class had had set the record in E/SA that was never exceeded, NHRA put that class record back to a NHRA minimum after two years on his record.
I had helped that couple many years before on another car but they had quit and came back.
The owner had always wanted to go as cheap as possible, cut every corner until they came back and bought that good motor.
I told them that the only way I would help them on a new motor was if they bought all new parts and let me build it the proper way and dyno test it, which they did up
After refreshing their original motor and adding both baffles into the stock pan the driver commented after the first pass in the car with the freshen motor was what did you freaking do to my motor confused She had drove the car to a new best ET and MPH on that first run boogie She said it had never pulled like it did in high gear before that and the low pressure oil light didn't come on after letting off in high gear devil
Never stop making things better tsk grin

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/15/17 04:13 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)