Originally Posted By madscientist
The hole size is nominal, so .904 is Chrysler. Not Chevy.

The lifter size SHOULD be made with the clearance built into it. Remember A-B=C?

A is hole size. .904
B is lifter size. .903
C is clearance. .001

I know some of the lifters are coming .904 and I ASSume it's so you can fit them but it's about impossible to hone a hole straight and round that's that small and short. A couple of tenths maybe.

Agreed. There is no .904 " Chevy" lifter. That is a Mopar size, that Chevy guys, and Ford as well, have adapted to take better advantage of the ramps/lobes, and robustness as well.There is no standard among lifter manufacters, you kind of need to know who does what with their particular brand. I have a drawer full of almost every lifter I can imagine, just for sizing purposes, and even then, they may change and be more than .0005 off when you get a new set. I often have semi custom lifters made, to better size for an existing block that has been bushed ( or not) and can dial in the sizing better if they arent going to re-bush. I can also re-hone a bushed block, get a semi custom, and save a lot of extra cost for the customer.Bottom line, my opinion,get the lifters you plan in using, then size accordingly, UNLESS< you already have a known
bore issue ( size or roundness).

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.