Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
We dyno both motors and found that the filled motor on the dyno had two different distinct heat zones on the block, above the fill the water temps. measured with a infra red gun, was 120 F, below the fill was 180 F shock I haven't filled or advise any one since to use block filler, never, no more :tsk
Cast iron expansion will follow the heat , hotter expands and cooler contracts more, not what you want on a cylinder in a running motor, especially a race motor work tsk twocents

What's the comparison vs a non filled block? You're checking temperature on the engine directly against water cooling passages...why wouldn't it show a cooling difference?

The non filled block ran faster at the race track with the same heads and camshaft as the filled motor did with both motors having the same brand pistons, bob weight, C.I. and compression ratio shruggy

We're the two runs on the same day? What were the weather changes between the two? Unless it was a controlled apples to apples, I wouldn't put much into an ET change aside from the additional weight.

Cement based fillers shrink away from the cylinder walls after curing, the other type plastic based filler maker says it doesn't do that, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't confused

Any pictures or proof it pulls away? Only reason I ask is because I've heard this for years, and it's always word of mouth and never hard experience. If not, it could have originated from some shade tree mechanic using actual cement and having issues.

Last edited by A39Coronet; 12/11/17 01:20 PM.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner