I wish I could say it did.... trust me!!! The Sherman build lasted about 15 passes before we started having major bearing issues and having an issue with the motor not sealing up.
So.... we decided to go another direction and took it to another builder to put a fresh set of eyes on everything....

Just FYI I am not going to get on here and bash or talk S. about anyone me and my dad just decided that it was best to go elsewhere now with that said here's what happened in a readers digest version because trust me I'd have to write a novel...

Put motor on Dyno...Took engine apart bearing looked like hell checked everything replaced all bearings went over the oiling system. Swapped valve train to TD 1.6 with .650 offset. Had a new camshaft ground. Put back together, back on Dyno and picked up 90 peak HP over the Sherman build. Keep in mind different dyno but motor was dynoed prior to and after rebuild.

Went racing all was looking good car went a best of 9.01 at 148 in 3500' of soupy humid air so to say the least we were very happy. Went to next race in Dallas made 3 qualifying passes car slowed way down and on the 4th pass it chunked a rod out of the oil pan!

So did some assessments and determined that we had a hair line crack in the crankshaft we didn't know about that was effects from whatever happened with the Sherman build so .... fast forward 8 months till today... oh and NO issues with the Ritter block all looks good.

Brett Miller has put one of his port designs in our head and we are currently working out valve train issues due to this being a 59* build y'all know the challenges!! So when Brett finishes his part they go to Jesel for a custom setup as this currently seems the only way to make it work with a big port blown in this head! We had a custom sheet metal intake built by TRE and another camshaft spec ground so ...... oh and new rods, new crank, external oil system setup..... ANYONE KNOW A SPONSOR IM BROKE... lol

ARE YALL AS EXCITED AS WE ARE I HOPE!!! We shall see what happens projections are to have this thing back on the dyno hopefully by end of January!

1968 Cuda 440" Edelbrock Victor Head Small Block.
[img]https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload4/23859.png[/img]