Originally Posted By jcc
One thing Dan mentioned, that stood out to me, he frowned upon taking a ride in a customer's car, something about self preservation and showing off. work

I took Dan for a ride here one day....in a customers car....kinda had to get the cobwebs out for the customer.....Dan [censored] his pants.....lol....the best part is....we came back, Dan stood outside with me....said hey" wanna shoot a few rounds'? Like, dont ask ME twice. He pulled out a Glock 17 9mm, a Smith and Wesson .45, and a .44 Ruger. We stood and laid a few rounds down behind my shop, he smoked another cigarette, said, " thats was f-in fun", and back to work we went....lol. There is a LOT I could tell about Dan, so much, it would take tyears to tell...but I have those memories. Still talk to his brother. Mom isnt far from me. Still have two big black patches on the fresh asphalt at Schepps Funeral Home ( The drivers name shall remain nameless, but he's a member here!) I still keep Dans card, right here next to my computer in the office.He would be happy to know we are sharing his memory for sure. I still have the last text he sent me from the hospital. I wont share it, but I knew what it meant.

and I just realized, I have no idea how to attach or post a pic here anymore...lol

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.