Originally Posted By 493_DART
I sure hope ADRA wont enforce the unnecessary safety and licence requirements the other 2 do...

2 year seat belts
locking dip sticks
header tethers
engine pans

6.49 cut off for a comp license

who knows what bs will be required in 18/19'

what a racket.

Its AHRA, American Hot Rod Association and I agree 100% with you since I am a blue collar sportsman racer. The seat belt [censored] used to get me pissed to the roof when the car sits 6 months of the year but no one ever checks my daily's seatbelts after coming off the assembly line. Unfortunately some of this stuff is SFI requirement, which I cannot shuck but I am discussing it with them for change. I made the license requirements similar (so they are comparative and can transfer from sanction to sanction) but will take licenses from anyone as well as a current chassis cert. I'm not here to nickel and dime you to death, just to have some cost effective sportsman friendly Drag Racing that is fun as hell.

I'm not running a racket as you are proposing, I'm planning on running this on such a short budget for large handsome payouts and to make it affordable for everyone. I'm not even drawing a paycheck and all staff is volunteer so far. I'm retired Navy and receive a paycheck to make ends meet. Just want to fix whats wrong with sportsman racing. If you want to join and help out, thats fine. If you want to [censored] and not jump at the opportunity to fix what you dislike, don't join. We are in it to grease the squeaky wheel. If you want some leverage in the AHRA and Drag Racing overall, buy a stock and come to the annual stockholders meeting, we can fix a lot of stuff together. I like your opinion, its uniquely yours.