Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
IMO, the main success/failure part of this equation with regards to the "12.00" is the 4 speed.

If the car isn't set up well enough to leave at 5k plus, and hook, and not break stuff..... The 12.00 is going to be a tough task.

This is where I find most 4 speed street/strip combos come up short compared to their automatic/high stall equivalents.

I agree. At a minimum you need to be able to tune the clutch. Which means some sort of adjustable pressure plate and a sintered iron disc. Then you have to understand what you are doing.

Also a 2 step is just about mandatory if you really want to make it run. As much as I did it...a 2 step would have made my life much easier. You can control launch RPM exactly and move the RPM up or down as the situation dictates.

The clutch and flywheel are responsible for most of the breakage. High plate loads and heavy flywheels best the hell out of the tires and break parts.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston