mshred,
I think the 360-2s are perfect for your budget since you already have them!
My heads are 220cc intake runner, and even with the mild flat tappet cam it made peak HP at 6600, so I think your heads could handle more stroke and still be effective.

My car is a real deal street car with big radiator, alternator, two seats, two batteries, 8.50 cert cage, all factory glass and bumpers, 15 gallon cell, then you add in a 300+ driver and it's certainly no lightweight! OK, ok it's 3150 with me and the nitrous bottle on board, those Chrysler engineers really outdid themselves in 1962...

mopar dave,

This is not a personal attack against you, as my own brothers think similarly, I'm just trying to advance the conversation. I'm not trying to invalidate anyone's opinion, just asking that you spell it out in hard numbers.

The typical 4" stroker kits with stock style rods run around 1700$ to 2000$. The 4.125 and 4.25 high quality kits from Bloomer and Molnar are about 500$ more.

W-9's, in another thread it was discussed are 6K by the time they are ready to make serious power.

Any head that requires offset rockers just added another 500 to 1000 over the budget of a standard head.

Then we have to have the conversation about the cost difference between a roller cam and all the associated parts versus a flat tappet. Is it really wise to have a .700 lift roller, with a short valve and a 1.88 installed height?

I've also never understood the love affair with big bores. Granted, I know they make a little more power, but in the conversation of small block mopars, we are dealing with a finite amount of available blocks. My X block was standard bore 4.04 after 15 years of racing, when I ordered the 4.125 stroker kit, I only punched it to 4.070. Why go right to max bore immediately?

For guys more versed in big blocks, remember when 4.15 was the go to stroker kit? Then the 4.25 stuff with the 2.20 journal came out and it was lighter and easier to assemble. Same way with the 4.125 stuff with 2.00 journal over the 4.00 kit.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines