Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
I've had an Italian built, no name rim clamp tire changer and electronic balancer for about 15 years or so. I only use them for my own stuff. Everything has been satisfactory up until a couple of months ago the turntable on the tire changer quit working in one direction. I think it's the switch.

All Hunter tire machines except the brand new top of the line changer($22,000) are made in Italy so yours might be from the same manufacturer shruggy
I really hate to read these horror stories about techs scratching rims and ruining tires for customer cars mad At the dealership I work for I treat rims and tires like they were my own. Of course I use an impact to install wheels but I've hit over a million lug nuts in my 34 years in the business and I don't miss and hit your expensive wheels.
There are lots of car guys that work in the shops around town. You just need to make friends with one and buy him lunch and or his favorite adult beverage and you will get the job done right. We just got a new Hunter machine for run flat tires with sensors and it's awesome to even do regular tires.
We have all Hunter equipment and I like it all up
Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60