Originally Posted By 383man
Originally Posted By 65Fury440
Originally Posted By 68 HEMI GTS
You need some gear with the 4 speed to get it off the line. Are you shifting at 7g? If you are that’s not helping et either. That thing should probably be shifted around 6-6200 with standard port window.

Hello,
I didn't get many runs down but it has TF heads opened up to MW ports with a matched 337 intake.
I wish I knew where the HP/TQ peak was.

Its funny to hear that and I mean it in a nice way. Thats because my brother always used to ask me what I shift at as years ago we raced each others cars. And he would get mad at me sometimes as I told him I dont look at the tach when I shift. We had 4-speed cars when we first started racing. I am just the kind of hotrodder that shifts by the feel of how the car is pulling to me. To me as soon as I feel like its peaking I shift. I shift my 63 the same way as I just dont use the tach much when I shift. And I must get it pretty good as I ran 10.76 three passes in a row before and never looked at the tach when shifting. My brother always uses the tach when he shifts but back when we had 340 four speed cars I was always faster then him in the stick cars shifting by how the eng feels. I dont know why but I have always felt I can jump in any car and with just a few passes know about where it feels right to shift. I am sure other hotrodders must feel the same way. Course for wanting to be very consisdent when bracket racing it has to help shifting at the same rpm every run. Ron

The funny thing was, I couldn't hear my car because I had a full exhaust. The guys beside me were running open headers.

Car feels like it's still pulling strong past 7k, but, I'm putting my FBO box with the 7k limiter in to keep the engine together for a while.

I'm going to try next time out making the changes you guys have suggested, can't wait!