Valid points on the cold weather thing. I don't start it below maybe 50* or so. And I have an Accusump that I prime with to help.

So far, it's about even between 'leave it alone' vs 'try the 10/30'.

I've heard two conflicting rumors about Hemi oiling; one is that you want a heavier oil to cushion between the crank and the heavy recip assembly. Although mine is lighter than stock being Barton pieces. The second is that a lighter weight oil flows more, particularly over the valve springs, thereby cooling them better.

I don't have any issue leaving well enough alone (meaning staying with the 20/50) if that is what is best for this engine. But if there were any real advantages to going a lighter weight, then I would certainly do that.

If there were a 15/40 VR-1, I would be comfortable trying that as it's not as drastic a step as going to 10/30.

Here's another question; the oil pressure tops at about 68lbs just past 3,000RPM. So doesn't that mean that any volume after that is just bypassed back to the pan?

Wouldn't a lighter weight oil that doesn't by-pass until higher PRM be flowing more?

Master, again and still