Originally Posted By 9secondsatellite
...i need the long valves for this application or the choices would have been more abundant.

I'm with you on this one...the long valve version is actually very difficult to find, at least from the information I have available I'm in the same boat you are.

The difference is that I am willing to have new guides put it and go to a 11/32 stem, although, the W2 Econo Long heads I have here are brand new, never been used before, so quite honestly I have no idea if it actually makes sense to put new guides in, other than as a necessity to get me to an available valve stem.

Anyways, OK, so the closest off-the-shelf valves I found are the following Manley pieces:

1) 11702-8, 5.240" long, 2.02" diameter, 11/32 stem
2) 11703-8, 5.255" long, 1.60" diameter, 11/32 stem

Their tech I have been emailing with also suggested that I use "+.050" locks"...ughhh??? So I asked for further explanation:

"...The "tang" on the ID of the lock (part that "locates" in the keeper groove of the valve) is moved down .050" from its normal position......which allows the lock to sit higher up on the valve.....which, in turn, effectively raises the retainer (and valvespring) up that same .050".......thus, giving you .050" more (taller) installed height..."

So my current plan is to use these valves and the +0.050" locks to get me to that nearly matching dimension of the original MP valves you meantioned.

If there is a better way I would absolutely LOVE to know about it...pls post a valve part# though!