Originally Posted By AndyF

That could be good or bad. If the guy already has a "numbers matching" block in his car then seeing this thread isn't going to make his day.....

I should say that this is not my block. I saw the block sitting in a shop the other day and it was so clean and the stamps so clear that I thought I'd shoot some pictures of it just to see what it was. The engine appears to be complete with original intake, carbs, crank, rods, etc. all sitting there. I do not know the back story on the engine but if the owner of the car wants to contact me I could tell them where I saw the engine and they could take it from there. The shop was planning to rebuild the engine so if the car owner wants to buy it before it gets rebuilt then they'll have to make a quick decision.

Andy, I know what you mean. Could be quite expensive to obtain this block, and then build a whole new engine for your car, but may well be worth it for the owner.

Can we keep this thread going with updates? I would love to hear if anything comes of this.