all good stuff!
1)"can you consistently reproduce the clunk, and if so when do you get it." it seems to be on area of the road that make no sense what so ever. stepping on or letting off the gas does make it happen though.

2)"The first thing I would do is to look for any shiny spots that would indicate a point of contact" tried this and couldn't readily find any.

3)"any new spring or re-arched leaf spring will tend to settle or take a set over the next few months. This is true for coils, torsion bars or leaf springs so don't be surprised if the car sits a little lower in time." it's been 1 1/2 years since the springs and front were redone.

4)"Have a helper grab the roof and rock the car left to right" yep, hopefully this weekend if my son doesn't have to work.

5)"K frame bolts tight" never thought of that as i didn't have it off but it is certainly worth looking at.

6)"Try loosening them, put grease around that area and bushing and re-tighten up with suspension at ride height." i really like the sound of this. i was never really happy with the fitment and it seems like the noise is when the rode is unevenish and not really when it's bumpy. not related to bumps at all actually.

Robert - all was well until i raised the car up a few inches in the front. i never lowered it. the issue started this summer (a year after the rebuild) when i raised the front to try and level it some.