Adjusting the sway bar end-link pre-load is important IF you want to get the best balance for the 4-corners. After I've set the 4-corner weight balance, WITH the sway bar end-links disconnected, then I re-attach the end links using extra as-needed same factory metal shims around the bushings so that each end link is near equal in its compression (load) to each other. In other words, you don't want any end-link to have more load than its opposing side... it will have some effect on the corner weight balance which you want to try to keep equal LH-RH (as well as the front and rear sway bears, respectively). IF I could figure adjustable end-links, I will (someday) install them and forget about the multiple shims. I need to look at the Viper setups and others. (Also... adjusting the 4-corner weight balance and the sway bar end links should be done with the car as-driven... driver's weight in driver's seat, if possible).

Reinforcing the LCA end-link tab is helpful... weld on an additional large washer to one side (top ok).

I've also varied (fine-tuned) the end link bushings from all rubber, partial rubber/poly, all poly... per my driving style (AX/HSAX/HPDE).

Over time, the poly bushing can self-destruct when driven very hard (i.e: competition AX/HSAX/HPDE), so, good idea to inspect and replace whenever needed (carry spares with you to the races). Also, carry spare end links... they can eventually break under hard driving/competition.

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 10/03/17 04:45 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!