I often wonder about the wear of the LCA bushing -- as it passes through the LCA - and the angular effect of moving the LCA forward with adjustable strut rods (to gain positive caster). With rubber LCA bushings (factory stock design), the rubber material can allow some angular flex of the LCA. However, with less forgiving material, such as POLY or Nylon/Delrin, or so far as steel) that angular motion (in other words, no longer a ~90 degree perpendicular attachment), would be causing excess and premature wear on that non-rubber LCA bushing.

I'm currently installing Firm Feel's Nylon/Delrin LCA bushings... and hope they won't prematurely wear out.

I also wonder about POLY strut bushings (from FF) -- if they will prematurely wear out, say, vs the "forgiving" rubber factory design.

Then... there is the heim-joint designs of struts... would they be "pulling" the strut forward/backward within the range of motion (up/down) of the LCA?... and ultimately wearing out the LCA bushings, especially if they are POLY or nor non-rubber?

(I think these concerns could be adjoined within the original poster's inquiry.)

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!