Quote:

Has anyone heard this or experienced this.

I called a company to recurve the MP dist for my stroker, and after I gave him the specs they asked " how does it idle" I said kinda rough, I think its in the carb or dist, why do you ask? He said cuz the RPM airgap and the crosswinds port runners are to large and the engine will idle rough. He went on to say he has seen it many times in chevys and mopars, he also said i should use the RPM performer.

I have never heard this before abouth either of the 2 intakes.
Anyone else ?

FWIW, the ports and runners on an RPM Air Gap and RPM Performer are the same. The Crosswind has slightly smaller runners than the Air Gap.

Also, if you have an MP distributor that was made since about 2002 it can be adjusted as simply as loosening a set screw and adjusting the stops. MP and Mallory sell the same kit that has an assortment of springs to dial in the curve. Its really quite easy to do your self.

BTW, I have a Crosswind on a 360 with a 224/230 @ 0.050 cam and it idles almost as smooth as a stock engine at 650 rpm. It did require 17 degrees of initial advance to obtain the good idle and crisp off idle throttle reponse.

Last edited by dgc333; 02/27/09 05:01 PM.

Dave Clement Pembroke, MA 03 PT Cruiser GT Turbo 99 Dakota SLT+ CC 4x4 68 Barracuda sport coupe http://home.comcast.net/~dgc333/