Al Alguire,
I agree with your statement. But what I see the NHRA has done is taken the keys out of the hands of the common blue collar guy. If I want to go race at a competitive level its at least $500 a weekend. that figures in the costs of everything. Most guys don't have that liquid cash laying around. Most of us don't have a chassis cert that should be required for weekend bracket racing. I really think if the NHRA did something with weight like they do with the Pro Stock Bikes with Pro Stock maybe, just maybe the Mopar and ford guys can compete. I have done everything in my Power to keep my son in the hobby. he has a 67 Belvedere and is restoring to his liking nobody else's. I think its cool. another thing is the NHRA brand is gone, very few young folks know what that is. I had a young kid come up to me at Milan this last weekend saying that he appreciates me being a NRA member. I have a NHRA sticker on my rear window?? NHRA is doing a very poor job educating and selling the sport. I have applied to the nhra but haven't been hired, maybe next year. it tough to get hired to run the operation the way you feel it should be run.

it did seem to run better when it was race on Sunday, sell on Monday.

If I am out of line I am sorry.

Kids are the future, take a kid to a car show and they are hooked, take a Kid to a NHRA event and they think its cool?

Crazy

Thank you
Kiddart