My $500 F150 has two tanks and hasn't been driven a lot. Now both tanks have the pickup screens plugged with rust, I suppose.

So I am going to use my method, which is to snake a rubber fuel line down into the tank and pump out as much as I can using a cheap electric pump I bought years ago. I use an inline filter after the pump, the $3.96 one from Walmart.

Then I will remove the old tanks and replace with new tanks, around $100 each if you know where to shop. The fuel pickups and senders I'll try my best to keep as they are original and we all know how good the aftermarket replacements usually are!

Yes, the fuel stinks, but it'll still burn. I mix with new gas, about 3:1, new to old. It does stink up the neighborhood. I am secretly proud of that, because 98% of people won't know what that smell is. I use it in my carbureted vehicle and have never had a problem with it, even old 40:1 outboard engine fuel.

I know there won't be any consequences for most of you, but in most places disposing used petroleum products by pouring on the ground is illegal, as it can pollute groundwater. If it's not illegal where you live, it is still immoral and most likely fattening. The stuff you pour on the ground today may not hit the water supply until your grandchildren are drinking it.

A fun thing to do with old gasoline is to burn it. Used motor oil and hydraulic oil will burn surprisingly well. This is, of course, dangerous so I am saying this merely as a joke. You wouldn't want to expose your loved ones to flames shooting 5' out of the burn barrel, although it is quite an arresting sight.

R.