My '79 Adventurer with stock 360-4 is at the mechanics now and he's pulling engine to put all new brass freeze plugs, new oil pan gasket, rear main seal, and while it's out I'm doing the steering to frame brace, new double roller timing chain, water pump, etc. Decided I'm going to go ahead with new cam and lifters while the front of the engine is off since hearing a little lifter noise at start up and I'd rather just do it now since the labor is already done.

So here's what I'm looking for; I want to stay with stock flat tappet cam/lifter setup. I just as soon stay with OEM Mopar. I don't have part numbers, and don't have any idea of what the specs were. I would go with a different brand if ya'll tell me I'd be much better off with Crane, or another brand. I'd like a HD kit, but want to stay around the same lift/duration. I'm not changing valves/springs, converter, or anything else, and am happy with the trucks performance. Mechanic is going to be ready for the parts early next week, so time is of the essence. Please guide me. The emmissions label states 360-4 barrel medium duty. I don't know if there was a difference with the cam betw light, medium, and heavy duty, but I'd love a HD cam/lifters. Thank you! Larry

Facts are stubborn things.