Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I built a 340 stroker motor (4 inch stroke) earlier this year with a Scat Brand cast steel crank, I ask for the smallest size rod and main journal they had in stock, they where not on the small size when I measured it runaway whiney
I had to have .001+ removed from the crank journals at the customers expense to get .002+ oil clearance on the rods and .003+ oil on the main clearances work
This was not a kit either so I went through a bunch of different brand and part number bearings before giving in on having the crank ground down to the size I needed work
Good luck on your deal, take your time and get it exactly where YOU want them up

This is also a Scat 4 in cast crank, I bought it as a balanced kit from Summit. So far both Scat and Summit have been great to deal with. Summit has sent me 3 sets of bearings at no cost to me, and Scat sent me some mains as well. My guy at Scat seemed receptive to possibly covering the cost of polishing,but recommended trying the X bearings first. Hopefully between the 2 companies we can make something happen. Thanks for the info Cab you've been very helpful when I have questions.

Last edited by moparjoe360.4; 08/27/17 10:53 PM.