Originally Posted By burdar
That was exactly my concern. I thought a really large bar would tear up the car. The top of the quarters are not cracked...and I don't want them to. I'm planning on running a 225-40 tire up front. So you think the 1.06 is even too big... I'll look at some more options. I know there is a 1.03 out there too.

I want the car to feel tight and not spongy. I just put a caliper on the stock bars and they measure .88". So how big of a difference is there between .88 and 1"?

When I went from .88 (.87) stock a/c-340 bars to .99" there was a very noticeable reduction of roll, brake dive, responsiveness. Its more than double the spring rate. Of course there is increase road feel harshness.

When I jumped to 1.14" there is a huge difference than stock. With really low profile tires not only will you notice driving over coins on the road, but you'll be able to make out the dimes from the nickels!

That 225/40 series tire will feedback lots of road imperfections. That's a VERY low/narrow profile. That will magnify everything. With the .99", Ive ran 225/60, then 225/50 (got a good deal) and back to 225/60. Noticeable difference in road feel.

I would:
-1 1/8 front and solid rear sway bars. That will reduce the roll and help responsiveness.
-Stock rubber LCA bushings, rubber offset uppers and strut bushings. And rubber leaf bushings
-bilstein RCD shocks
-max 1.03" t-bars. MP years ago made a .92" bar, BTW
-And keep your .87 bars. You can swap T-bars w/o re-alignment. Just measure ride height, unbolt one shock end, back t-bar adj all the way out, then slide T-bar out.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 08/19/17 01:41 PM.