Originally Posted By Mike Mancini
Originally Posted By FC7cuda
Mike, have you considered hiring more employees, particularly in the paint phase where you have the bottleneck?

If we could find a qualified person, yes.

We have looked for a long time now. I've posted help wanted ads on our facebook page, local newspapers, tech schools, car forums. We haven't even had replies for the job. It's very very tedious and many people don't have the patience or are intimidated by it. It doesn't seem that the upcoming generation has an interest in working with their hands.

Perhaps your approaching/reaching the "wrong" job market of canidates?, granted I'm sure you want a "automotive enthusiast" with the right credentials applying for the job, but Instrument painting and detailing are basically "art work", and while some guys/gals can screw together a mighty fine looking vehicle, they often rely on others for paint, body, upholstery, instrument detailing, etc, etc, so while they may possess some fine automotive assembly skills, they often lack the talent needed to produce the detail that the individual components require...

I'd suggest you look for individuals in the arts, particularly the Architectural 3 dimensional model builders, this skill requires attention to detail in miniature, the ability to produce/create models and details in various mediums, so hand/finger dexterity as well as eye/hand/finger coordination for detailed work is often second nature for the individual, perhaps posting your job offer at schools like R.I.S.D. (Rhode Island School of Design) would yield you a candidate? they have a fine Architecture program with 3D electives

Although the 3D Architectural model maker is a dying breed with the advent of computer generated graphics, they are out there...

Mike