LOL

I think all depending of MP dist generation you get... old days MP dist apparently were better units out of the box and thats why they were great out from the box, for a while actual ones are being made apparently by Mallory. I got mine a few months back, and I just can tell from my experience. Needs to take care of gap on every point and pick up coil position on rest and vacuum.

ANOTHER DETAIL... number one is not on same position, so you can either relocate spark plug wires or change the oil pump dirveshaft slot position to keep same number one location on cap.

Dunno if thats on earliers too.

About box... for just $10 more, chrome box does look to be better option

At the end you can:

-Get an MP kit ( dist, box resistance and wiring required ) on less than $300 and take care of dist adjustment. wiring is not a problem, just need one splice, or...

-get an MSD setup ( dist and box ), on around $800-900 without headaches out of the box, needing wiring mods, to get rid off the ballast, and needing some adjustment for custom advance purpouse.

-Get a READY TO RUN dist from any brand you choose. Lot of prices and varieties. I can't tell about.

Last edited by NachoRT74; 02/25/09 03:05 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela