Originally Posted By 68rrunner
Originally Posted By 318 Stroker

Even if you could mount it spokes up, all it would take is one drive with them that way. You'd see and feel real quick why the spokes go down.

Currently have it mounted spokes up, seems to drive and function fine. Thumbs have a nice place to rest while driving at 2 and 10. What am I missing? Your statement is a bit ambiguous.

Didn't mean to sound ambiguous. My 73 Challenger came with your wheel. I drove it that way for a few years, and found the spokes to be comfortable when they are in the correct position, which is down. Personally I never cared for the wheel as far as looks, the thin hard wheel itself, or the large OD of the wheel. Couldn't wait to replace it with a Tuff wheel, which has been on my car for 40 years now.

If it's comfortable to you, and you're happy with it spokes up, then by all means leave it that way. However, you asked a question as to the proper orientation of the spokes, and the correct answer is, spokes down. As Burdar mentioned above, your steering coupler is upside down, 180 degrees off. That's the only way it will install with the spokes up. unless you cut another square hole, which I doubt, or you cut the tab off. And as I mentioned above, because of the square hole fitting over the tab on the column collar, it will only fit one way if the coupler is correctly oriented. Spokes down... thumbs