Originally Posted By hudsonhornet7x
Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By joshking440
I'm sure that's what you were told but the Truth is that the deal was 90% done but at the last minute the buyer backed out.

You need ISO certifications to sell parts to Mopar and if you have ever seen the Indy process, ISO certs would be a complete reboot of the company.

It's still for sale and there are people that are actively searching for a buyer

Ahh come on, ISO certs for Indy would be easy. I could write up the process that Indy follows in about 30 seconds! I think it is something like this:

1. Scream at the customer and tell them they are stupid
2. Machine the parts blindfolded
3. Throw parts in a box. Any box will do.
4. Charge extra
5. When customer calls to complain repeat step 1.

There, now you are ISO certified and you will pass any ISO inspection. The motto of ISO is "document what you do and do what you document".

Andy you win Moparts for today! Great post.

andy, you are spot on ! the company i worked for 42 1/2yrs. at was ISO certified. while the concept is sound, i'll bet 90% of certificates are like where i worked. do real good at first getting accredited, then at each audit thereafter, hide everything that doesn't meet requirements, then pay the re-certification fees. always an ISO qualified company one can trust ! NOT !! flame ISO is a JOKE, invented by, and for, people who just want to COLLECT money without LIFTING A FINGER to earn it ! no one will ever convince me differently ! with that said, however, i believe there are SOME companies out there that are truly ISO compliant that take the CONCEPT to heart, and are excellent companies to deal with. also many more that are NOT ISO companies that are WAY BETTER to deal with in ALL ways.
beer