OK, I am more than likely going with a 360 carb motor and am going to try and keep it kind of cheap, not cheapo, but no 392 HEMI or 5.7 computer motor, ect. I may even go with a 273, just because I have this dual quad manifold, who knows.

I now need to order my cross member from fatman for the mustang II conversion and start deciding on what else I may need.

I have been wondering what type of gas tank fits in these well and where to place it? Can I use a tank from a junk yard vehicle, if so, what kind or am I going to need a more pricy rod style? I dont mind, just need to start a nice list and see what I am looking at.

I also want to use some sort of aftermarket style tail lights, turn signals, ect. Not being a Rod guy, this is new to me. What is a decent brand and what company makes decent items like the panels to french in if that nice, or what?

Also, lets talk wiring harnesses, I know painless is nice and pricey, but there are LOTS of other out there. Any one have experience with these and what decent for the money. How many fuses does one need??? I am going with some AC, afterkarket probably as this will be a driver and maybe a longer distance vehicle. It will have electric windows( which I also need to decide on a brand) a nice stereo and down the road, who knows, so I dont mind getting a larger one for options later.

what else should I consider. I have finally gotten a few bils paid off( lots more to go) but at least this summer I can buy some parts and get this going.

So,

GAS TANK

WIRING HARNESS

POWER WINDOW SYSTEM

SEATS. CUSTOM AND POWER OR OUT OF A VEHICLE OF SOME SORT AND REDONE?

TAIL LIGHTS

WHAT ELSE??????

THANKS FOR ANY OPINIONS AS ITS ALL NEW TO ME. I am trying to get my 67 dart done, get on this 38, get the (once easy 67 short wide power wagon resto) now major project with new sheet metal, all going a lot further along this summer, not to mention painting YOUNGUNNERS(MOPARTS MEMBERS) vehicle and get the new quarters on my 72 340 cuda-------- Now that I know I have a job until June of 2010, I am good for a while.

Also, ahve any cool custom ideas????? Let me know. I wish I had RON here, I would chop this thing and learn from the master>

here is a pic

Dave

5046066-DSCF4844.JPG (57 downloads)
Last edited by LAWFISH; 02/23/09 01:01 AM.