So i finally got my 520 stroker 440 up and running. It is in a 1970 duster bracket car... I fired it up this last weekend to break the camshaft in and had a few problems maybe yall can give me some pointers on.

Cooling system rundown: small crossflow aluminum radiator w/ dual electric fans, 16psi radiator cap, remote electric water pump (durango remote heater pump), shogun manifold, 5/8 heater hose for lines, temp probe in radiator, normal coolant flow direction not reverse flow.

I know that this type of system isn't for extended run times, but I was only able to get 5 minute runs in at a time before the temp would get up 210 degrees and above. It would start puking when it got to 200 degrees. I overfilled it to start with and i ended up using a clear jug for the overflow to monitor it. I noticed it would puke a quart or so then when it cooled it would suck it back in (everytime). It am pretty sure i got all the air out of the system jacking front and rear of car running pump etc..

Am i doing something wrong here or is thus just how its going to be? I recall seeing restrictor holes in the shogun manifold just cant remember if they were on the top or bottom holes. Is the shogun manifold meant to be used in reverse coolant flow? If so can i just drill the restrictor holes out? I don't really want to run reverse cooling.

Forgot to add the timing is set at 35 degrees btdc and were running it from 1500-2500 rpms up and down. Thank you