Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Well, I see you had no problem immediately calling them hacks and jumping to conclusions that you obviously know zero about. I know jumping to conclusions is a favorite past time around Moparts.

Well, guess what?
I took the truck to a trusted independent shop yesterday. They told me prior that they have rarely seen an A/C job run close to $2000. They said the highest they see is usually under $1500. I expected them to call today asking for authorization to fix it for that same number. At 11:15, they called to say that it was done and the bill was $162.
Whaaat ???
The system only had .36 lbs of refrigerant in there. They found a leaky schrader valve and replaced it and added the 1.62 OEM amount of refrigerant. The actuators are fine, the blend doors, fan and switches are fine. The A/C blows cold air from both sides again.
Yes, the guys at the Dealership were hacks. Maybe you could call them cheats, jerks, ripoff scammers, whatever. They never even looked at the truck. I found my invoice and the $2184 is scribbled in pen, not typed out. No itemized list of "needed parts" to replace, just a lazy effort on the part of a greedy, unscrupulous employee of a service department that I will never visit again.

IMG_2168.JPG