Originally Posted By dfsmopars
I am chasing sway. Two years ago I bought a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4. Later we bought our first travel trailer which is 23 feet long. I upgraded shocks, bought Toyo Open Country ATs (replaced the factory Wanglers) and installed air springs. This weekend we went out and the truck feels stable but I feel too much tire sidewall flex. I like the truck and not likely to upgrade to 3/4 ton so I am looking for suggestions for tires that won't flex. I like the looks of the Toyos on the truck but comfort when towing is more important. A stiffer sidewall road tire is what I am thinking but not sure what.

Something I learned about aftermarket trailer manufacturers is that they eyeball the placement of the axles. From the time I bought my 2008 trailer I would have excessive tire wear. It also seemed that the trailer swayed quite a bit. Took it into a shop that specialized in trailer alignments. As expected the axles were way off. Had the axles properly aligned. We also found the spring perches were not fully welded.

Now, with the axles aligned, the spring perches fully welded, new greaseable pins and running good quality 10 ply tires installed I haven't had one issue with the handling of the trailer.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln