Originally Posted By cudabitten
Hi all,

Been a while since Ive been online. I finished my restore about 3 years ago, and been drivin but knew that my throttle linkage was never really right. I finally compared it to a friend with the same carb (1406) and realized that my secondaries were never opening. Please check the pics. I fabricated the bar that connects the kick down rod to the linkage. Not sure where I got the dimensions, it does work for kicking down, but I'm thinking the slot is not long enough to allow the throttle to fully travel backwards. If I disconnect the rod, then the throttle does open fully and open the secondaries. I'm just not sure about when the kick down should engage/disengage.

This was a 318 2bbl/904, I swapped in a 360 4bbl and kept the 904. The kick down rod is original.

Sorry but I don't think anyone can tell you how to fix or adjust that. That is a mix of old and new and home made.

I would remove it all and stick to one model year and use that linkage. Now you can buy the whole thing repo and have the right parts.

When you go from 2 to 4 barrels what you need to do is move the throttle cable up and forward when you go to a 4 barrel and use the right mopar adaptor on the carb.

Check these out, Mopar throttle cable clamps. They bolt on a 2 barrel throttle bracket and provides the correct cable mounting location for connection to a 4 barrel mopar throttle linkage. This works if your cable is long enough.
They bolt on and move the cable up and forward and you don't have to do what you did above... eek All you have to do is move the cable clamp, and modify one piece of trans linkage.