Originally Posted By amxautox
Originally Posted By moparfury1970
Originally Posted By amxautox
Did you do anything with/to the pinion gear nut on the rearend that you put it? Anything to the ring gear? Did you take out the pig at all?

No, I didn't touch the anything in the stock rear end. Didn't touch the ring gear. I literally bought a new 7290 axle yoke kit from Year One and a drive shaft and took the original rear end that came with the car when I bought it, the stock gears and assembled. I probably sound like an idiot, but I'm just trying to learn.
That's how you learn, by doing it, and asking about it. So you installed the yoke kit, but didn't torque the pinion nut when you installed it. How tight did you get the pinion nut? Very tight, VERY tight, or sorta tight?

And that axle yoke kit, is that a yoke and u-joint, or just the two sized u-joint?

Now we're getting somewhere...do NOT drive the car. As Tom is asking above, we need to know your method of torque on that yoke/pinion nut. Unless you match marked the nut's position relative to the pinion shaft I am afraid you are looking at more education. We also need to know what rear it is..489? 742? 741?