Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
I'll stick with the old school junk. Regardless of what anyone says, the Gen 3's are more expensive to build and install. The headers, oil pans and engine mounts they require are not cheap. The rotating assemblies in side the junkyard pickup truck 5.7's are just that, junk. For a fun, 500-600hp street car, an old school RB build can be done for a fraction of the cost without roller-this or stroker-that.

Thats me as I am old school top to bottom. But thats just me as I love what I grew up with. Even on brand X as if I see a nice 69 Chevelle SS 396 and see a newer LS under the hood its not what I like to see under there as I want to see a 396 or BB Chevy under its hood. And as I say thats just me. Nothing wrong with anyone going with a modern eng in their old muscle if thats what they like. I like the NSS racing alot and like to see what eng belongs under their hoods as thats what floats my boat. But the new eng will run good and I dont knock anyone for building what they like as you have to build what you like.
I honestly think many of us including me were really surprised to see the muscle cars return with all the power they have with the power adders as I think most like me felt we would never see anything like this from the factory again after the muscle cars died in the 70's. Bottom line is new or old Mopar they are all Mopars so we should like them all as I do. I just prefer old school for myself. But there is alot of modern parts now for the old school engines that help them run alot better also. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/22/17 07:09 PM.