Well, I know that the pistons go into the block two by two.

The Slant Six or Leaning Tower of Power is beloved at least in theory by Mopar nuts everywhere. Even though the first thing we'll do with a Slant Six is remove it and give it to someone else.

2806830-4 is the block casting number. books say it's a 1968 - 1970 block.

If it was a V8 there would be an easily discernible casting date close to the casting number something like 5.26.69

Chrysler also used Julian dating systems and someone else will have to explain that.

The AAWJ is some sort of foundry mark, found on many differing cast pieces, not necessarily Mopar. All cast pieces have some sort of mark that means something to the foundry because it'll help them track down the bad ones if there's a flaw in a particular run of castings. I have a feeling that BW is another one of those.

Chrysler used two different kinds of stamped in numbers. The one that means the most to me is the engine ID number. It tells you the model year, what plant the engine was assembled in, the engine size, the date the engine was assembled, and the sequence number of the assembly that day. Also there will be different codes for things like undersize bearings or oversize lifters, whether it has a cast crank, and whether it was a Regular or a Premium fuel engine.

The other stamped in number is normally the VIN or at least part of a VIN.

The only thing I can tell from your stamped number is that this particular block was built as a 198.

The Slant Six guys have their own digital stomping grounds and will be a much richer source of information.

R.