Originally Posted By W5DART66

Dyno numbers.

I have the heads been on the flow bench.

Nothing I see wrong with heads. (Like to change valve job just to see)

I have not said much about this deal but let's get the facts out

Rods chambers 4 cc larger than other heads almost .5 point of CR

Valve lash was not the same for both heads on the dyno print outs that I have seen.

You opened up the end of the intake (big mistake IMHO)
This changed the taper of intake.

Why 6° timing difference in the Engine's?
Chambers are about the same plug locations the same.

This engine should have been run on pump gas no race fuel mix

I believe loss of compression plus race fuel mix and wrong cam IMO contributed to the increase of timing

Both heads run on pump and race gas mix. Best pull posted
Valve lash was changed on both. Numbers were best pull for each head.
Same for timing. Best pull posted.
.4 points in compression ain't that much on this type engine. So I'm told.

So you're saying that the intake port could be .200 smaller than the head port?

I haven't bad mouthed ANYONE but maybe Hughes in this whole ordeal. Their heads I DID have flowed. I didn't have the BPE heads flowed as I felt I didn't need to.

All that being said, since I don't know much about heads my dyno guy told me this: The venturi is blown out, the approach is all wrong and the ports are way too big. Not to mention the 2.08 intake on these heads is badly shrouded on a 4.040 bore. Not so for the same valve in the Edelbrocks. Somehow, someway the valves are closer together in the Eddy's. I had to re shim my rockers to make up the diff.

He said velocity was probably all wrong causing big time turbulence, and something about "going sonic".

My dyno guy is a proven, well known racer in this part of the woods. I always believe what he tells me because he has proven it so many times.

I did everything a guy could and the heads did not perform as advertised....yet. I'm sure they will get it figured out but right now, they are not ready to sell. I mean come on. Those torque numbers are pathetic.

I don't really want to say anymore at this time. I just want a pair of heads that are ready to make some power.