Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This may have been done before but let's here some veiws for lead or lead free solder vs filler in a factory panel seam, ie: 1/4 panel to roof where the joint is quite large?

Its been discussed before and the factory seemed to have lead in the painted roofs and plastic in the vinyl top models. I would prefer lead.

I've never seen plastic behind a vinyl from the factory? Not pre 73 anyway, they've always been lead in any that I've removed...

All I have seen is plastic. here is a virgin 69. Pics not the best.

The original material they used as filler from the factory underneath vinyl top cars wasn't a body filler I have ever seen before.

When I removed mine years ago, it flew off like saw dust. It seemed porus, almost flexible. This would make sense so any body shift and it wouldn't likely crack. These were my personal reasons why I went with lead instead. Body fillers have come a long way since back in the 80's when I first filled it with Body filler. Later on, my car (black back then) had a band aid effect later on right at the quarter panel seam. At shows, I have seen others with this problem also.