It's easy to say "Acme Autoparts" are made in China but if one doesn't have firsthand knowledge, it's worthless at best, misleading or deliberately harmful at worst.

When I went looking for the pickup coil for my 318 distributor I looked at Standard Motor Parts. They very clearly state in their literature that they supply two lines, the higher quality and more expensive Standard and Standard Blue Streak line, which they manufacture, and the Standard T-series, which is made to their specifications.

http://eaccess.smpcorp.com/eCatalogs/Downloads/EMD/Standard_The_Choice_is_Yours.pdf

When I ordered my pickup coil I used the wrong ad in Ebay and got the T-series, definitely made in China and so labeled. If I had purchased the Standard top line, it would have been made in the USA.

I did an ebay search for the Mopar electronic ignition boxes and found quite a handful. The Standard LX101, an old AC Delco box, Even an old Wells in a bubble pack. There were a couple of NOS Mopar boxes. So if you want to keep on using the Mopar electronic ignition, get online and buy one, or six.

Looking at the pictures it's easy to tell there are two different styles. There's the expensive style that has the transistor mounted on a floating plate, rectangular with one corner cut off. Then there's the less expensive one with the transistor mounted on the one piece heat sink. I'd tend to go with the more expensive style as IIRC that's what the original Mopar boxes looked like.

Somebody had to build those original boxes for Mopar, right?

R.

Last edited by dogdays; 05/02/17 05:42 PM.