What are you starting with, and what do you want the final engine combination to do?

A standard port head will have peak torque at a lower RPM than a Max Wedge sized port head, so it partly depends on where you want the torque curve to be and total amount of power. If your just building a street engine than the standard port heads are fine. For a race engine, you would want the larger port size heads, but being a low deck really limits intake choices when using Max Wedge port size heads. I think only Indy sells cast intakes for the max wedge low deck combination?

Standard port heads allow a wider selection of intake manifolds. For the street, the RPM Air-Gap is popular.

I have the TTI 1-7/8" headers on the mild 505" 440 with Stealth heads in the convertible with the TTI 2-1/2" "X" crossover exhaust. In that vehicle I wanted good header clearance and quiet sound. If your building a race or street/strip setup like the 500" 400 MW victor head engine in my Charger, then there is some performance to be gained with 2" headers and 3" exhaust.

I am tying to save up to build a 512 (really 505" 440) for my Jensen Interceptor using the Trick flow heads, but medical issues are killing my bank account. This setup I plan to build my own headers with 1-7/8" first step, and either build step headers or Tri-Y headers for the car.
Either way, the tube diameters will grow larger from the initial 1-7/8".