Ok
As someone who sells MP I make the following statement. The MP 509 of fame and nostalgia is the 108 version, the 114 version will not fall out of a tree. The older grind is WAY over priced IMO. IF you like your old 509 try the Comp Cams Nostalgia Purple Plus series 509. I use them pretty often in street style engines and people seem will pleased with it in both sound and performance.Part number 21-672-4 or if you are paranoid like me 23-672-4 for a 3 bolt version. 247/254 @ .050 on a 108.
The reason for the price change is strictly a cost thing from Mopar. Anything that actually sells seems to reflect this problem. There is no talking to them. Before the internet and the rise of the mail order kings, every parts company out there wanting to sell Mopar parts had to get into the MP catalog. Mopar slapped their name on it and people bought them. Mopar also used it to rid itself of excess parts from production applications. Both are no longer the case,which in turn has casused MP to become mostly just a middle man and people are no longer willing to pay the markup they slap on everything.
TOdd