I have done 5 drag weeks with roller cam small blocks with no failures. After the first drag week I did send the set back to be checked and they said they needed rebuilt and I had them do it. I never swapped them out again and had 3 drag weeks on a set of solid rollers when I pulled the 360 out in favor of a 416.

I ran comp 828-16s in the 360 with a cam that was 260ish@.050 and .650 lift. That combo loved to cruise over between 3500-4000RPM so I wasn't exactly easy on it. I also had to shift it at 7000 the last year to try and squeeze out all it had to qualify for my class. I normally tried to save that little bit for the last day lol.

I don't recall the cam specs in the 416 exactly but it is quite a bit larger than the cam in the 360 and it has way more spring. The lifters are an old MP part number but they are made by crane. We had intended to use the newer better comp roller to clear the R1 block but they were out of stock and we were out of time. It probably deserves new lifters before it does another drag week just to be safe. But at 1500-1800ish miles and 60 passes all seems well.

For what it is worth the comp 828-16s dropped right in my 360 with zero grinding, its a tight fit to drop them over that lump in the casting but they go right in. They didn't even come close to working in the R1 block the 416 has but I believe that is a well known problem.

Last edited by Bad340fish; 04/17/17 11:39 PM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340