Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Tom, I've read the OP's post. (Welcome OP!!!!). And have the same questions, but how do you know it's going into a truck?
And to the OP, are you looking for power, reliability, MPG, lowest cost, or some kind of compromise of all four?

You will need to list the specific parts that you have that will be going into the build, that will be. HUGE factor in the advice you get.

Sound, Power, reliability, not lowest cost but Im not rich either.

I am not at my shop today so cant make a complete list maybe but Ill do my best now

1- 440 RV block, bored .060 over
2- Speed=Pro/TRW Forged 6 pack pistons
3- ARP rod/main/head bolt
4- Lunati cam/lifters specs below
Advertised Duration
262 int./268 exh.
Advertised Exhaust Duration
Advertised Intake Duration
Assembly Lubricant Included
Yes
Basic Operating RPM Range
1,400-5,700
Cam Style
Hydraulic flat tappet
Camshaft Gear Attachment
3-bolt
Computer-Controlled Compatible
No
Duration at 050 inch Lift
220 int./226 exh.
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio
0.494 in.
Gaskets Included
No
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio
0.475 in.
Lifter Style
Hydraulic flat tappet
Lifters Included
Yes
Lobe Separation (degrees)
Locks Included
No
Pushrods Included
No
Quantity
Sold as a kit.
Retainers Included
No
Rocker Arms Included
No
Timing Chain and Gears Included
No
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio
0.475 int./0.494 exh.
Valve Springs Included
No
Valve Springs Required
Yes
Valve Stem Seals Included
No

Maybe this cam isnt gonna give me the sound I want? I dont know much, just researching the best I can and this one seemed like a good torque cam. Im open to saving this cam for another build if its no good.
5- Stock crank/connecting rods turned and balanced with cast damper
6- Here is where I prob (pretty sure ) messed up

Heads= I ordered a set of cast iron heads from aerohead=Indy cylinder head. Specs below
2.19 X 1.88- 3/8 Stainless Steal Valve Stem
452 casting
86-88cc Open Chamber Design

I dont know what Im gonna do with these heads, I didnt know any better and its done. I have a set of Pro-maxx aluminum heads in my cart at Summit. From what Ive read they are good heads for what is paid and for what Im trying to do.
Ive only to click the buy button after one more person tells me the cast heads were a waste of money

I think I got 700 bucks in them so its not the end of the world, I have another 440 I can maybe use them on.
7- Edelbrock performer RPM intake
8- Pete Jackson NOS gear drive
9- Edelbrock 750 carb
10- I bought an NOS Mopar performance dist....Id like to run it I guess with my MSD box although I know little about anything with this as well
That may be it so far
Ive got bearings as well, King premiums I believe amd Hastings rings if memory serves me

Id like to post pictures as I go along with the assy and have someone answer a bunch of dumb questions and some maybe not so dumb smile

Last edited by 1930; 04/16/17 01:39 PM.