Originally Posted By Volare4life
Now you got me thinking get if the Dakota spindle has the same dimensions as the fmj, but I believe the fmj is taller, I just rockauto searched and the ball joints are different, but with out physically measuring I wouldn't know the difference, looks like when I hit the junk yard today or tomorrow I'll see if I can find a fmjob to use as a test stand, and I know they have older Dakota state so this should be intresting

I can tell you the Dakota spindle and the FMJ spindle are not close in dimensions. Dakota spindle is thicker. Dakota is front steer and FMJ is rear steer so the Dak hangs the caliper in the back while the FMJ hangs it in the front. That said, if you work with the FMJ stuff to try this you can really leave the Dakota parts out of the picture. If you hit the junkyard, grab a couple of nasty, rusty old FMJ brake rotors and a nasty, old 1998-2002 Crown Vic rotor AND hub. Oh, and while you're there, locate a couple of 95-00 LS400 calipers. See if you can get the shootin' match for under $60. After that, you're on your own!

Greg

Last edited by Greg55_99; 04/08/17 01:15 PM.