Originally Posted By poorboy
Originally Posted By savoy64
i would say the stopping will be the same----that kit will lose the rear emergency brakes-----there are reman? cadillac brakes that are the same size as the gm fronts with an emergency brake feature-----they were only made for about 2 years and are really hard to find at the junkyard---and i have heard there is a new source for them------and the stopping power will be about the same.....

Did Cadillac brakes ever come in 8 bolt set ups? I suspect the OP won't want to loose the 8 bolt wheels on his 3/4 ton pickup.

Gene

It doesn't work that way. You use K20 front rotor hats and put them on the rear wheel hub after you press the studs out and remove the drum. The hats still mount inboard so you have to press the studs back in. Good luck doing that with a hammer and punch.

It's true the calipers won't have a parking brake unless you use the Eldorado calipers. But not only are the calipers impossible to find in a junk yard the cores are expensive and most remans don't come with the levers. If you have a stick truck then you would have to use an alternative for a parking brake. Mine is an automatic and I live in Florida so I'm not worried about it.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.