Originally Posted By Crizila
Originally Posted By rowin4
Will increasing capacity, not the core size help or is it a temporary fix until the extra liquid heats up?
Good question - for which I do not have a good answer. work

i will go out on a limb here [with chainsaw in hand] and say this will just delay the inevitable, unless it will be a sizeable increase. i think the answer to the issue is [in no particular order] water flow, increased air flow from the fan system, removing excess heat from the transmission cooler, and possibly removing excess heat from the engine compartment, in which to do this, i don't have any suggestions, other than the basic hood louvers or running without hood sides. as the water temperature is the hottest coming in through the upper hose, the fan should be directing a bunch of airflow in that location. one example of this was the introduction of a water pump riser for the "brand "x" small block. this was a good fix [at the time before electric fans] when it was discovered the engines sat drastically lower in the chassis than the original inline sixes, or flatheads, causing the water pump driven fans to, therefore, suck the air through the lower part of the radiator, not cooling the upper, hottest, part of the system.all OEM's position mechanical fans at the top of the radiator for maximum airflow in this area.
beer