I have a 73 Barracuda with all numbers matching running gear. It has been a driver since I bought it in 2000. I have been working on it periodically since while thoroughly enjoying and collecting KUDO's on it over the years. Everything works great, even the OEM A/C. It is now time for it first big upgrade, a BIG BLOCK. Since it is not a low production vehicle I want to put a 440 in it. The only thing I have done to the chassis since owning the car is rebuilding the rear springs and install bolt on sub-frame connectors. On the sub-frame connectors I made a U bracket and welded it to the front of the frame connector so it would wrap around the torsion bar cross member encapsulating it. I then bolted that through the cross member and up through the floor with a plate on the interior floor board to capture and clamp everything tightly together. I bolt the rear through where they attach at the rear sub-frame as the manufacturer designed. But I did one addition reinforcement point and that was where I welded a plate onto the connect bar that aligned with the rear seat floorboard and did the same clamping method there as I did at the front. The difference with the car after sub-frame connection was like night and day. This mod has worked really well for me. Now to my question: Did E bodies that had big blocks installed in them from the factory have any reinforcement in the chassis such as Core Support braces, Inner Fender braces, Front Torque boxes or Rear Torque boxes? If not, since the 440 build plan is to keep it mild, would this be necessary or recommended? I don't want to do this for the sake of doing it but would if highly recommended. Thanks in advance for your input and advice.