Originally Posted By BSB67
Now that you posted your et/mph, most responses will now be about 60ft times and converter, gear and tires. So, the question to you is: Is it about et for you, or about making more power (i.e. et and mph)?

It is a personal choice. Personally, I prefer making more power. In your case, this would have an end result of 13.2 @ 106 mph, verses 13.2 @ 102 mph, as an example.

So if it is power you seek, I think you are probably going down the right path. I think it might be helpful for the smart cam guys on here to know what your current cranking cylinder pressure is.

Finally, I would recommend a small solid cam, but you will need adjustable rockers. I think there is an undesirable risk with a fast rate hydraulic for you as the valve train seems to start giving it up too early, especially for a small block. And the slower ramp cams will cause a noticeable deterioration of the low speed characteristics of your small block. A solid flat tappet is the best of both worlds. twocents

Thanks for bringing that up. I considered reposting to get the focus back on making more power. My main goal was to add some more mid to high rpm power, not necessarily to maximize my ET. I am only on the track a vary rare occasions so that is not my top priority.
I am not sure what my cranking pressure is but I know it must be pretty high because it will have significant knock on 91 octane but using 94 seems to correct that. I have a feeling a little more cam would bleed off a little cylinder pressure as well.
Are there any decently priced adjustable rockers available if I went with a solid cam?