Originally Posted By dvw

I had considered the secondary air valve being an issue. I figured I start with jet and go from there. In my travels I did find a 4130S AFB so I do have some extra parts to try as time allows.

As absurd as it it sounds the *only* reason I am still running this old AFB is to keep that goofy little air cleaner. I have a few we could try either way thought. Thanks for the suggestions.{quote}

I believe a 4133 S AFB has a weighted air door, not a spring controlled air door.
Doug

You are correct, it is a weighted air door. We are headed out for a test drive, I'll check back in with some data.

At this point I have not put the wideband on it however the bungs are installed. Over the years I have worked my way into a pretty good tuning strategy with carbs that seems to work okay. It's fun to see how close we can get and then verify our results with the LM-2.

I honestly figure someone had a recipe for this common 575cfm AFB that came on many 383's and 440's.

The carb is back on and seems to run good again and is very responsive. Jake might be correct on the too big of an accelerator pump shot. I moved the arm to the inside hole and it made a rich stumble when I tested idle to WOT in the driveway. I'll put some heat in it and see what it does.

Thanks again for all of the advice!