Originally Posted By Devil
Ok, so my 71 Challenger has the 4 lines coming out of the side of the gas tank, and those 4 lines don't really go anywhere, there is no charcoal canister up front, etc...

So can I convert it to a 70 style non-ecs setup by just getting the 70 style tank and 70 style single vented line in the filler tube?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S836492/ref...=I2IKPY3UVHA4R8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Challenger-...r-/252103959664

The four corner vent system on a 71 and up fuel tanks are the best fuel tanks vents setups. Because combined with the vapor separator they allow the tank to vent at any angle the car is parked at even with a full fuel tank. That way no fumes and nothing coming out of the filler cap or anywhere else even in a over fill condition because it was closed system.
Some get confused because it is now a electric pump with a return line. "Maybe it don't need the same amount of venting as before"=false.

It still needs to be vented the same as before FI especially when it is parked.

Or they want you to vent through the electric pump, which is not nearly as good as 4 corner venting that your 71 already has.

It is really bad that they eliminated it in those fuel injected tanks, other wise that would be a slick fuel tank setup. I can see why you guys want to convince yourselves that stepping back into the 60s tank venting is OK.

It is funny to me how so many people don't understand the very simple and very good 4 corner closed venting setup and so want to go with 1960s venting and the rest of their cars are new tech.

That Don guy on the a bodies site is the only guy with a clue in that thread and most did not read what Don posted. Although he was wrong about E bodies, all of them after 71 had 4 vent nipples on the fuel tanks because that venting system was superior to the early vent setups, at least on E bodies.

That fuel separator in your trunk is a important component of your vent system in 71. It should be used with a 4 nipple tank and the actual vent line going to the front of the car and be connected to the engine crankcase via the valve cover breather (correct for a 71) if you don't want a more complicated/modern charcoal canister up front.

And you can get/buy the correct fitting/functioning fuel caps for 71s ECS fuel filler necks. My twocents