Originally Posted By oneracer55
Have ran the Phoenix tires, for a long time,,my car loves them,,,I switched to Hoosiers 3 seasons ago, when the Phoenix became unavailable, and the car didn't like the hoosiers,,would blow the tires off for no apparent reason,,so when the Phoenix became available again, I went back to them, and the car. is deadly again,,will be rolling a new set on, in a couple of weeks, for the up coming season, oh by the way, I had Phoenix on the car when I won the 2009 IHRA SSS World Championship,,

about 15 years ago we switched from the Phoenix/Firestone to a Hoosier slick on my Mirada. 17 passes and I bought another set of Phoenix. I'm not sure what was wrong with the car, but the Phoenix sure worked on it. My dad always ran them on his Duster, but after I acquired it, we switched to M/T. They support a lot of little races (as well as big ones) in the western US and I wanted to support those who support my hobby. I will say after some launch rpm tuning, we've gotten the M/T to work even better on the hot tracks we usually have out here.