What I weighed was a totally bare shell, as pictured without the wooden dolly, no hood, no fenders, no K frame, no doors, no trunk - just the welded structure, as asked by the OP.

Three points is all that's needed for this structure. The only reason to have 4 scales is if a car has 4 wheels. Yes, using one scale in 2 places at the rear wouldn't be as accurate as using 2 scales, but I don't think the final figure was off by a big number. I'm certain the front of the car did weigh only 89 lbs, which I could lift by hand, so inaccuracy would be in the rear only.

The reason I weighed it is I wanted to know if lifting about half the weight by one seat belt anchor with an engine crane 45 degrees to steam clean the bottom was feasible. I could tell the crane wasn't doing much heavy lifting, certainly not as much as an engine, and the threaded seat belt anchor hole was unchanged by lifting. The wooden dolly and tires are not heavily loaded - no steel dolly is required for just moving around a bare shell.

I had thought about weighing it again after steam cleaning, which would tell me how much (or how little) the undercoating and road grime weighed. Maybe I'll do it again with 2 scales under the rear. Or 3 scales.

As to the rear axle, I'll revisit that.

461 lbs. Bet on it.

23 Body in white.on rollers.jpg23 Body in white.tilted1.jpg

If you don't see two dolphins, you need a vacation.